Structure in our daily life goal boils down to three simple points:
- It is regular and preset in advance, at least weekly.
- It places you in a culture of like-minded people seeking the same result.
- It requires some sort of external and visible commitment beyond just to your self.
Creating good structure reduces stress and increases commitment. By filling your life with structured commitments that you have chosen, you will benefit because:
- You won’t have to always depend on will power to keep you away from drugs and alcohol and to keep you on track to your life goals.It is easy to tell yourself that you can do it later, but it’s much harder to let others down.
- You don’t always have to decide. Sometimes, choice is a burden. We get tired of constantly having to figure out what to do with the rest of our day. Having a reasonable portion of your life preset with good things allows you to give your brain a rest once in a while.