To get moving and to stay on track:
- Clarify and challenge the values that allowed you to drink and use.
- Create new values that support positive change in your life.
- Learn and use simple meditation techniques.
- Challenge your expectations of what a return to alcohol and drugs will give you.
- Define your new values in writing.
- Live your values moment to moment.
- Develop your vision and goals by completing your “Life Plan.”
- Find your tipping point for positive change.
- Set mutual goals with significant people in your life to provide motivation and momentum toward success.